When I set out to become a writer and editor, I left a ten-year career providing direct service to developmentally disabled adults. I loved that work, and when I left I promised myself I would find a way to continue to support life-giving and life-changing efforts of social justice oriented non-profit organizations.
Now, helping non-profits obtain the funding they need to thrive is the most rewarding thing I do.
I hold a certificate in Grant Writing Fundamentals from Seattle Central Community College and work with non-profits of all sizes to find funding for crucial community projects, with particular focus on social justice--especially racial justice and LGBT issues.
Areas of Focus
- Disability justice (esp. developmental disability)
- LGBT/Queer issues
- Racial justice
- Progressive faith communities
- Youth development
Past Funders Include
- · City of Seattle – Neighbor2Neighbor--$5,000
- · City of Seattle – Neighborhood Matching Fund--$31,000
- · United Church of Christ Foundation – New and Renewing Church Fund $40,000
- Project planning
- Deadline tracking
- Needs statements
- Letters of inquiry
- Application coordination
- Bios for key staff
- Other supporting documents
Like all of my services, my grants packages can be customized to the needs of your organization and the demands of your funding source.